Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

I know, I know, it's a day late. But, I really wanted to wait until the pictures from the Turkey Trot came online so you could see us running. Erik and I did a 10K (6.2 miles) yesterday, and it was torture! Not really, but I haven't been training much lately, and it almost killed me. I was fine for the first half, but then started to get tired for the second half. For the last couple of miles, we had our eyes set on some women who weren't too far ahead of us. We finally caught them around the 6 mile mark, and never let them catch back up. We accomplished my goal of not finishing last. :)
I definitely learned my lesson about re-hydrating after a long race. I got so sick yesterday, and Erik really thinks that I didn't drink enough water after the race. I felt terrible and ended up having to miss Thanksgiving dinner. I felt bad because I wasn't there to celebrate, but I needed to be home sleeping and trying to recover. I feel much better today, though.



Proof that we ran. :) Did I mention that Erik pushed Kayleigh in the stroller? He needed something to slow him down so that he could stay at my pace.



Where's Erik??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you!!! You are the cutest penguin I know!!! You learn from each run. You have to listen to your body, and that can be difficult to do sometimes. I am sure that you are going to be right on target for Gasparilla.
I see Erik in the second photo- I missed him the first time.
"Aunt" Anne

Kelli said...

That's so cool Lisa. Good for you guys. :)