Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Our little Sickie




I think that Kayleigh partied a little too hard on Halloween, and is now paying for it. On Thursday night, she was doing her usual cough, although it might have been a little more wet than it had been. On Friday, the cough was more regular. By Saturday, we knew she was sick. On Sunday morning, Erik and I took Kayleigh to a walk in clinic. They told us that it was just a cold. She had had a cold before, but I was being a little more paranoid this time because a LOT of kids at her day care were sick with different ailments. On Monday night, Kayleigh started wheezing. Then I got worried since some of the day care kids have had pneumonia and a respiratory infection. So, off to her pediatrician on Tuesday! I'm glad that I took her, because although the doctor said that she just had a cold still, she had developed an ear infection. FINALLY, something I can give her medicine for!!
On the plus side, at least I'm not working, so I can stay home and baby her. I've been holding her a lot more than normal, and she's sleeping a lot. I don't blame her! I would love to sleep away a sickness!

No comments: