Saturday, February 21, 2009

Flash 12K

Erik and I ran a 12K this morning. It was a crisp 26 degrees--not the weather I like to be in! Thankfully, Jim and Shirley said they would watch Kayleigh. That allowed her to sleep in and stay warm. Plus, she loves her grandparents! Erik came in 2nd in his age group, and I came in 4th in mine. We both got sweatshirts, and I got a trophy since it was my first 12K. I'll take the trophy to school to show it off. More people will see it there than at my house! :) I would take a picture of it and post it but our digital camera broke!! I will need to get a new one soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job, Lisa and Erik!!!!
All of the penguins are so proud of you!!!!
Mama P.

Ali said...

Congrats to both of you!

Kelli said...

Way to go Lisa and Erik! I've always wanted to get into marathon running, but I'm always pregnant! =) Maybe after this last one, I'll start. Thanks for being an inspiration.