Sunday, December 16, 2007

Peas please!



For the first time today, I tried my hand at making my own baby food. Chat had talked me through it the other day, and I was feeling confident in my baby food making skills. I'm sure I'll get better with practice, but I made Kayleigh some organic peas today. Yum! I'm not sure if she really liked the peas, or if she just liked chewing on the spoon. She kept grabbing the spoon out of my hand so that she could chew on it. It helped her get the peas down, so I'm not complaining! She did make a bit of a mess of herself, though.
The lesson I learned after making the peas is that I need to make a LOT more if I'm going to be doing this full time. I got about 2 meals out of what I made, and I'm only supposed to give her a tablespoon at a time while we're in the trial period. (That means that she tries the food and we wait to see if she has an allergic reaction. Fun times.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gross Lisa. Love, Jill

Anonymous said...

Of course, it would be helpful if every once in a while you'd use the spoon to wipe her lips and get the excess peas!
dad

Anonymous said...

She's still a cutie!

Anonymous said...

Did any of the peas get IN her mouth???