Saturday, December 22, 2007

Pulling up

During this past week or so, I've notice that Kayleigh is learning to pull herself up to a standing position. It's a little torturous to Romeo (the cockatiel). Kayleigh usually pulls herself up while I'm holding her in my lap and Romeo on my shoulder. Kayleigh desperately wants to pet the bird, even though the bird wants nothing to do with her. So, while Kayleigh is sitting in my lap, she'll start to reach up to my shoulder to get at Romeo. Romeo will then start climbing down my back to get away from Kayleigh. Undeterred, Kayleigh will then proceed to pull on my shirt and straighten her legs so that she's in a standing position. It's pretty neat! She's still in the process of learning to crawl, too. Her teacher said on Wednesday that if she put something behind Kayleigh, she can push off of it. I then reminded the teacher that we do NOT want Kayleigh to learn how to crawl. I guess she listened because on Friday the teacher said that Kayleigh was only happy if someone was holding her. That's not entirely true...She was also happy if she was sitting in front of the mirror looking at herself!!
Erik and I DEFINITELY want to get a video of Kayleigh pulling herself up so that everyone can see it. Be on the lookout! For those of you that know Kayleigh well, you know that she is not a performer, so this could take a little while!

No comments: