Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Putting words together

Kayleigh has been very good at saying one word at a time, and will babble a lot of words, but they're not very comprehensible. She's definitely a talker; you just don't know what she's saying. This weekend and today, she started to put two words together that I could actually understand! So, on Saturday Kayleigh and I were playing when Erik came over. I guess she didn't want him there, so she said, "Bye bye Daddy!" This morning on the way to school, she had eaten half of a bagel and I kept the other half to make sure she didn't waste it. Luckily we were stopped when she said, "Bagel more". What was funny was that it was a plain bagel. When I originally tried to offer it to her, she looked at it, realized that it wasn't a blueberry one (that she likes), and screamed that she didn't want it--using her "own" words, not "real" ones.
I'll post pictures soon. I have a couple of cute ones of her in a new dress. The camera batteries died when I tried to download them, so I'll have to do it later.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Love her new dress. That's what's fun about having a girl! Maybe it's the magical age of 19 months where they start the two-word phrases. Lincoln just started that last week too! Cute. They're getting so big.