Friday, January 11, 2008

A full week of work

This week started my first week back at work. Surprisingly, I didn't hate it! Jim and Shirley were nice enough to watch Kayleigh on Monday and Tuesday. She had a mild recurrence of her pink eye, and we wanted to keep her out of school as long as possible. Monday was a planning day, so that wasn't very hard. I did still get up early and got to work like I would on a normal day. Tuesday, school started an hour later--just trust me on that one! Wednesday, I finally took Kayleigh to school and met all of my students. It was the longest day that either of us have had.
Because of her long days, Kayleigh has been sleeping better at night. She has only woken up once the past two nights, and each time was around 4 AM. That might sound bad to some of you, but when she was waking up at least twice a night last week and making me paranoid, this waking up once is great! Plus, "sleeping through the night" is technically only 5-6 hours in a row, so I guess that means that that's what she's doing. If she goes to bed between 8:30 and 9:00, that gives her at least 7 hours in a row.
Now that Kayleigh is at school full time, she's becoming even more popular amongst the teachers. When I go to pick her up, I have teachers from other classes telling me how cute she is and what a cutie she is. Of course, you know I love to hear it! I've also had fun showing off her pictures to former students who have come to my classroom to visit. I'm turning into such a mom bragging on my daughter!
All in all, it looks like I just might survive the next 17 weeks of school. I'm sure the administration is glad to hear it, and I know Erik likes having company while he's getting ready for work in the mornings.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are thrilled that you are back at school with us. We have missed you!
See you on the softball field.
Anne

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.