Tuesday, January 1, 2008

You're going to be jealous!!!



Phew! After a lot of procrastination, I finally painted Kayleigh's wall. I think I was most nervous about how hard it was going to be to paint inside the lines. Let me take you back about a month ago. My friend, Amy, and I stenciled the flowers and butterflies onto Kayleigh's wall. Our schedules never worked out for her to come back and help me paint everything. Last weekend I decided that I had waited long enough and that it was time to stop being a wimp and start painting. It took a long time, but I got it done in about a day and a half. Each piece took about 30 minutes to paint, with the hardest part being painting the edges and not going outside of the lines. I had to do two coats each of the purple and pink, and three coats of the yellow. Since Erik had the day off today, he watched Kayleigh while I did the accent circles inside each thing. I am quite proud of myself, and I hope that Kayleigh likes it for a LONG time!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a LOT of work that was! You sure have a steady hand to do something permanent like that. She'll appreciate it when she's much older. :)