Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Last night's dinner


This probably isn't the most exciting thing ever, but last night was neat because it was the first time that the three of us sat down and ate the same meal. We had chicken and rice (arroz con pollo) mixed with cooked bell peppers and onion. It was delicious, if I do say so myself! No, Kayleigh did NOT eat the whole bowl of food. Erik and I eat Sam's Club chicken, but I'm a little neurotic and won't let Kayleigh eat it because the chicken breasts are HUGE, and it makes me wonder what they do to the chickens to get their breasts so big. (Is that an appropriate blog subject???) Anyway, I cooked some Publix chicken for Kayleigh and separated her food from ours. Kayleigh hasn't liked chicken in the past, so I was glad that she liked her meal this time. I think she'll be having the leftovers for lunch today. Yum!

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Go Lisa! Isn't it a wonderful thing when everyone is eating the same meal. No short-order cooks in the Bates house! =)

Anonymous said...

Good for you. I don't think I had you all eating "big people food" this soon. Sure is easier on you though and it's good for her to learn these new textures in her mouth.

Matthew and Valerie said...

Big boobs are not blog appropriate!!