Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Doctor's appointment

I had an appointment and ultrasound today. I was very nervous about my appointment because I had to take Kayleigh with me. If I have her for the appointment it's not a big deal since it doesn't take too long, but I had the ultrasound, too, and I didn't know if she could handle sitting in a chair the whole time. She was a PERFECT child! I was so proud of her and her behavior!! She sat in the chair playing with her magna-doodle, and got up once when it fell on the floor. When I asked her to climb back into the chair she did it without hesitation. The next time she got up was when the nurse turned the volume up so we could hear the heartbeat. Kayleigh was amazed by it and then for the next 5 minutes repeated over and over, "I hear baby brother!" It was very cute! When we got home, she called Erik at work to tell him. His voicemail picked up, but she doesn't know the difference and kept repeating the same phrase. He got a kick out of it.
Oh, and we double checked--we're definitely still having a boy!! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't have expected her to be anything but perfect!! She'll be a good example to her brother. :) Glad to know all is well with him.

Matthew and Valerie said...

Of course she was good at the doctor's office! I don't know why you were worried. And I'm glad you are still having a boy.

Ali said...

You have more ultrasounds than anyone I know!! Glad all is well and he is still a he:) I've had tot take Sydney with me a few times too and always stress over it, glad Kayleigh was a good girl!

Kelli said...

That's cute. I wish my children behaved that well. I believe the last OB visit we had Lincoln broke a set of their blinds in the checkup room...oops! So happy for you. =) You're going to be a great mother of two.