Friday, July 13, 2007

I think I'll stay...

I am really enjoying my time here in St Pete. For the first couple of nights, we had Kayleigh sleeping more than she was awake. That was quite the accomplishment. Last night we had a rough night, but I think she had a tummy ache. After she made quite the diaper, she went to sleep. I also have to understand that she's not going to have great nights every night, and having two good nights to one bad night isn't so bad.
I have taken naps each day that I've been here. On Wednesday I slept for 3 hours, Thursday was 2+, but they were right after I woke up (!), and today I slept for another 2 hours. Kayleigh and I really needed the nap after having our long night last night. I feel bad because I keep falling asleep instead of staying awake and being social. The best part is that we're not at my house where I feel like I need to entertain. I would feel bad falling asleep on my mom if we were in Tallahassee, but since I'm the guest here, I can do whatever I want and not feel guilty. Ahhh...Like I said, I think I'll stay.
Erik will drive down tonight after work. It'll be nice to have him around, and I think he's missed having us girls up with him. Kayleigh has started smiling more this week, and hopefully she'll greet him with a big grin.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mom wanted you to get more sleep while you were down, so I guess she's doing something right! I know Erik will be glad to see you.
~Valerie

nick, robyn and taylor said...

more pictures, please. we need to see this smile.

Kelli said...

If you have any "spare time" here in St. Pete., we'd LOVE to see you! We could get our kiddos together for a photo shoot. E-mail me at we4bates@tampabay.rr.com if you get a chance and I'd love to chat and catch up.