Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Sip & See

Last night (Monday), Shirley had a "Sip and See" party so that some of her friends could meet Kayleigh. Unfortunately, Kayleigh wasn't very interested in her party, because she slept right through it! The ladies loved meeting her, though, and didn't even give Shirley a chance to hold her granddaughter!!
Kayleigh and I are now in St Petersburg for the week. My mom came to Tallahassee yesterday to drive us down here. Mom had been in North Carolina with my sister, Valerie, to visit my niece. Our goal for the visit is to teach Kayleigh how to go to sleep at the appropriate hour. She had gotten into the habit of going to sleep at 1 or 2 AM, and then only sleeping until 5 or 5:30. Yikes! Last night, Kayleigh stayed awake while Erik and I visited with my mom. She fell asleep around 11:30 PM, woke up at 3 AM for a feeding, was up about 45 minutes, and then slept again until 6ish. Ahhh!!! Finally, another good night's sleep!
Erik will be down Friday night to hang out for the weekend. We'll go to his grandmother's house so that she and his great aunt can meet Kayleigh. I think that he's going to like the extra sleep he'll get to catch up on this week while we're gone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So who is going to stay with mom next week?? She's going to be bored without any babies to play with! I hope you are catching up on your sleep, though I know it won't be as much as Erik is getting while you are gone!

~Valerie