Thursday, July 19, 2007

We're off!

Erik, Kayleigh and I are leaving in the morning for the Eikeland family vacation in Tennessee. We'll be close to Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. This will be the furthest that Kayleigh has traveled, and hopefully she'll do well in the car. We're going to be gone for a week, so don't stop reading the blog since I probably won't update until after we're back.
Erik and I are going to get to see Godmother Drew and her husband Michael. They moved to Charlotte, North Carolina at the end of May, right before Kayleigh was born. I'm not sure that the godmother is supposed to move away right before the birth, but Michael got a job and they had to move out of their house that they were renting. I'm really looking forward to catching up with them, and I know Drew is excited about meeting Kayleigh.
At some point next weekend (27-29), Erik and I will drive down to St Pete. I know it's crazy how much we are going to be driving around, but Jonathan, Chat and Mia (brother, sister-in-law and niece), Joanne and Jack (great aunt and uncle) will be in town that weekend, and Barbara and Jack (aunt and uncle) will be back in town after their trip to Australia to visit my cousin. I can't wait to see everyone, so this is a special treat for me. Luckily, I don't have to work that next Monday, otherwise I'd be EXHAUSTED!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good thing you are able to drive again! I can't imagine if Erik had to drive the whole way by himself. I'm sure Kayleigh will do fine in the car. I know you will have a good time visiting everyone.
~Valerie