Tuesday, September 25, 2007

My baby's sick!!!

Oh no. It's finally happened. Late Saturday night, Kayleigh started having trouble breathing. She was warm on Sunday, but her breathing was pretty much back to normal. But, for the past 3 mornings, I've had to suck out junk from her nose. Yuck! She hates it, too, and you should have heard how she cried this morning when I did it. It was like I had really hurt her! I've talked to some other parents, and have gotten advice from them. I think it's a head cold, and nothing I can take her to the doctor for. I just feel bad that she's having a hard time breathing. Amazingly, she's still her sweet self.
I blame the day care for this. Everyone warned me that it would happen, and I think it did for the first time. I know that a boy from Kayleigh's class was sent home on Thursday, one of the days that Kayleigh was there. I guess it's good for her to start getting her immune system going now while she's young. Hopefully she'll get over this quickly--we have some traveling to do this weekend!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That little boy needs to be expelled from daycare. Shame on him - getting our Kayleigh sick. But, like you said, she'll always be her sweet self. Hope she gets well soon.

Kelli said...

Poor thing! It's the worst when it's your first and you wake up during the night to every little cough and sniffle. I hope she gets feeling better soon! Miss you at play group. Any chance you'll be down again soon?