Thursday, October 11, 2007

One year ago today

When I woke up this morning, I couldn't help but think about everything that's happened in the last year. It was on this day last year that I became 100% sure that I was pregnant. On or around September 28th, I took a pregnancy test, and it was positive. On Monday of this week last year, I went to the girly doctor and they confirmed the pregnancy. I was still nervous about it and asked to have blood work done. I went to the blood place on Monday and Wednesday afternoons to have blood drawn. On Thursday morning, while I was having fiestas with my students, the nurse called with my results. (I should probably tell you that we were having fiestas to celebrate the end of the first quarter, and I was leaving at lunch to fly to NYC with the Eikelands and probably didn't feel like doing too much!!) When the nurse called, she said that she would still like for me to come in for an ultrasound. I was scared to death. I told my friend, Drew, about what was going on, and called Erik to see if he could get off work extra early to go to the ultrasound. I don't know how the doctor's office was able to get me in so quickly, but I had told them that I was getting ready to leave town and wanted to get it done before I left.
As we all know now, the ultrasound showed us Kayleigh for the first time. What an amazing year it has been!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are so happy that Kayleigh was the result of that ultrasound! She's a special addition to our family.