Wednesday, March 5, 2008

9 months



I know I'm a little late with these pictures, but that's nothing unusual, right??? Dad has wanted me to do a list of what she can do at this age, so here it is:

At nine months, your baby....
Should be able to:
--work to get a toy that's out of reach (check)
--look for a dropped object (check)

Will probably be able to...
--pull up to standing position from sitting (she's almost there!)
--creep or crawl (no, but watch the video!!)
--get to a sitting position from stomach (check, and again, watch the video!)
--object if you try to take a toy away (not my baby!!)
--stand holding on to someone or something (check Oh, and my friends tried to turn her into a pole dancer this weekend at Seaside, but that's another story. I'll try to get pictures)
--pick up tiny object with any part of thumb and finger (check)
--say "mama" or "dada" indiscriminately (if you haven't seen that video...go watch it! And, she's working on "mama" but says "dada" more)
--play peekaboo (LOVES it!)

May possibly be able to:
--play patty-cake (clap hands) or wave bye bye (Kayleigh can clap her hands, and Jim and Shirley said she waved good bye last night. Erik saw it, but I didn't. She's working on it.)
--walk holding on to furniture (nope)
--understand "no" (nope)

May even be able to:
--"play ball" or roll the ball back to you (nope)
--drink from a cup independently (nope)
--pick up a tiny object neatly (not sure about that. She can get it, though!)
--Stand alone momentarily (check)
--Stand alone well (nope)
--say "dada" or "mama" discriminately (nope)
--say one word other than "dada" or "mama" (she sometimes says "baba", I think)
--respond to a one step command with gestures (nope)

Here's the video I referred to earlier. Please ignore my commentary. I think I sound like a dork! (Doesn't that come with the territory, though??) She does try to clap at the end, but her thumb got stuck in her sleeve and that threw her off.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do not see pole dancing on her "can-do" list. She was adorable in Seaside, dancing while holding on to the umbrella.

Ali said...

She is so cute! She may just go straight to walking and skip the crawling all together. Love the pics and video!

Kelli said...

Yeah Kayleigh!!! What a big girl and no Lisa, you don't sound like a dork. Any mother that doesn't sound like that needs to do a reality check. =)

Anonymous said...

Pole dancer??? She may NOT go back to Seaside!!!! And I thought it was a nice, quiet, little town.

Anonymous said...

ADORABLE! Kayleigh is just a cutie, though I'm not sure how Mumble feels about her eating him.
~Valerie