Sunday, March 23, 2008

New car seat


Crossing her legs like a little lady in her old car seat


Trying to decide if she likes this one.


We had to get Kayleigh a new car seat. We knew the time was quickly approaching, and when Kayleigh tipped the scale at 23 pounds, it was official. Her old car seat only fit babies up to 22 pounds. The old car seat was nice since you could pull it out of the car if she was sleeping and not have to wake her up. Of course, I always ended up waking her up, because I wasn't strong enough to pick her up smoothly. I would end up banging the car seat all over the car and against my leg. For some reason, Kayleigh didn't think it was nice and would wake up to see what's going on!
Erik got the car seat into the car yesterday. We had to test it out in the living room and see how Kayleigh liked it. She seems okay with it, but not super thrilled yet. This car seat is convertible, meaning that it can be rear facing and forward facing. When Kayleigh turns a year old, we can turn it around and she'll FINALLY be able to see where we're going, rather than where she's been! I never want to think about her getting older since I always enjoy the age that she is, but I do think it's going to be neat when she can see me in the mirror and we can talk in the car.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She looks so little in the new car seat! I'm sure she'll get used to the new car seat and being woken up after every outting. Maybe she'll learn to sleep through it!
~Valerie

Anonymous said...

It really will be nice to look in the rear view mirror and see her and she can see you and Erik. Til then you might have to lift weights to get those arm muscles stronger.

Ali said...

I cannot believe you were still using the old carseat! How on earth did you lift that thing with her in it? I ditched that seat for the big one when Sydney was like 5 months because I was a wus and couldn't lift it into the car anymore. You must have arms of steel!she looks so cute crossing her legs!