Monday, March 3, 2008

Seaside

Erik, Kayleigh and I were in Seaside, Florida this past weekend. Seaside is a little beach close to Destin. Erik ran in the Seaside half marathon. He beat last year's time by 3 minutes! Impressive, if I do say so myself! We went over on Friday afternoon and relaxed on Saturday before the big race on Sunday. It was all beautiful, and a nice break from Tallahassee. We went to the beach, but the water was too cold to get in. Erik dipped Kayleigh's toes in the water to see what she thought of it. Let's just say she wasn't rushing out of his arms to get in!
All in all, it was a super weekend. I don't know about Erik, but it was hard for me to get up and go to work this morning!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a nice, relaxing weekend. Except for that whole half marathon part! I hope you remembered to put sunscreen on Kayleigh!
~Valerie

Anonymous said...

Said like a true Aunt.

Kayleigh and Brian said...

Yes, Kayleigh wore sunscreen. She was also the only one of the three of us that didn't get a hint of sunburn! You wouldn't have even known that she was in the sun all day on Sunday!