Friday, March 28, 2008

Uh Oh!

I know that it's a good thing, but Kayleigh has now started her "mommy" phase. She doesn't like to go to just anyone now, and it even takes time for her to warm up to her grandparents! Jim and Shirley usually see Kayleigh at least once a week, so they're definitely not strangers to her. We were at their house for dinner last night, and it took awhile for her to warm up to them and let Shirley hold her. I had Mrs. Guinipero over the other night, and Kayleigh did NOT want to be near her. Eventually, she would let Mrs. G touch her and play with her, but Kayleigh wouldn't let her hold her.
I say that it's a good thing, because it's part of her development. But, she even cried when I dropped her off at day care yesterday, and she rarely does that! It makes dropping her off hard, but I just have to run out of there and not make a big deal out of it.
My mom is coming up today (yay!), and we're going to Mobile tomorrow to see Nick, Robyn and Taylor. I just hope she'll let other people hold her this weekend. Erik is staying behind since mom and I won't be back until Monday, which means I'll be the only parent who can take her. Yikes!

No comments: