Friday, December 26, 2008

More Merry Christmas


We three traveled to see my parents and other family members for Christmas. On Christmas Eve, we had a Cuban dinner. Lots of family came over for the visit, and we had a great time seeing everyone. On Christmas morning, we took our time getting up and ready to go. We even ate breakfast before we started opening gifts! Kayleigh got a neat little armchair with an ottoman. She also got a basketball hoop from Aunt Valerie and Tio Matteo. She is good with a basketball, let me tell you! We're excited about it because it's something that she can do outside besides try to chase the random cats that roam the neighborhood! One of the funniest moments was after she got a little talking phone from my parents. My aunt called the house, and while Mom talked to her on the real phone, Kayleigh talked on her toy phone. Too cute!

Today we went to visit Granny and Aunt Ola. Aunt Ola is recovering from a heart attack in the hospital. We took Granny over to the hospital so that we could all visit together. Granny fed us some delicious white chili and fresh cuban bread. Yum! I think we're going to a Thai restaurant with my parents tonight. We got a lot when we're down here, but it's a treat for Erik and me because we don't eat Thai food back home. Tomorrow we'll travel again so that we can go to church on Sunday. We're having a big breakfast with 3 different Sunday School classes that are going to combine in January. We'll have some new teachers, and more study topics to choose from each week. I think it'll be a little weird at first and that each of the Sunday School groups will stick to themselves, but it won't be too long before we branch out to our new classmates.

I'll end this with a video. You have to know that Kayleigh LOVES her grandma! Earlier this morning, Kayleigh was chasing Grandma back and forth down the hall while Grandma was trying to get some things done. Of course, by the time I wanted to get it on video, Kayleigh had pretty much given up the chase. It's still pretty funny, so I have to share....Okay, the video didn't work tonight and I'm tired. I'll try again tomorrow when we're back home.

1 comment:

Matthew and Valerie said...

It was good seeing you too! We should do it again next Christmas. :)