Wednesday, December 31, 2008

"Come Ginger!"

Kayleigh has figured out how we call the dogs to us and now uses it herself. It makes me laugh, because I guess it is how I always call the dogs and never realized it until Kayleigh started doing it herself. It doesn't really work for her, though, because the dogs don't understand her when she calls. Kayleigh is making the kissing sound on the video, and the first word she says is Ginger, but I think you have to listen for that if you don't understand her.

This method of telling someone to come can work on humans, too. Mama Shirley will come running when Kayleigh calls, and this afternoon, I heard her call her friend, Jack to come over to where she was. Erik and I try not to give in to her when she calls us like that. We'll at least tell her to say please so that it doesn't seem as bad.


1 comment:

Matthew and Valerie said...

Are you sure the dogs don't understand her or are they just ignoring her? She's a cutie!