Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Home again

Aaaahh! After a relaxing weekend in Orlando it was time to come home to our "normal" lives. Kayleigh had a blast in the pool, swimming at least once a day. She also enjoyed becoming re-acquainted with her cousins from North Carolina, along with playing with cousin Thor.
Except for some time at Ikea and lunch out, we spent the entire weekend at the resort. There was a lot to keep us occupied. When Kayleigh was awake, we'd get her down to the pool. During nap time, Erik and I explored the grounds and played putt-putt golf. You would think he would let his pregnant wife win, especially after she and a resort employee told him to! Nope. He beat me by one stroke! After winning and his head growing a bit, he challenged me to a hole-in-one competition. We played most of the 18 holes, and were tied at 1 hole-in-one apiece. I was ready to enjoy the tie, but Erik wanted to win, win, win! I taught him a lesson! I had called it quits, and he said, "Let's play one more hole, and if no one wins, we can be done." I'm sure you can imagine where this story is going...I GOT A HOLE IN ONE!!! That, in turn, made him want to play some more, but I started to run to the office to turn in my club while I was ahead.
As I mentioned earlier, we went to Ikea before leaving Orlando. I felt completely overwhelmed when we first walked in. Once we figured out the path, we enjoyed walking through the enormous warehouse. We bought a little baby bed for Kayleigh's dolls, hoping that they will now sleep in it, rather than take up her bed. The other day, she had 2 baby dolls, two bears and a Popple "asleep" with her in bed! We also bought her some little pots and pans for her kitchen set. I got myself a drop-down table that I'll put up in my new scrapbooking area since my old room will soon be a nursery. I'll post a picture whenever we get it done.
Whew! On to today! Kayleigh finished eating lunch and was playing for a few minutes while I finished up. Then, I heard her say, "Mommy, take my picture!" I couldn't imagine why she wanted me to, but I'm glad I did. Here's what I got:

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Oh yes. You need to share what kind of table you got for scrapbooking as I've been looking for one forever! I've brisked the aisles of IKEA many a time and have never seen one. Please do share! =)

Matthew and Valerie said...

I'm jealous of your trip to IKEA. One of these days we're going to go to one, though we might not buy anything.