Friday, July 10, 2009

A slow week...

After such a busy weekend last weekend, it was nice to just hang out this week. Erik had a full work week, so we didn't have any family fun days planned. Other than a couple (yes, a couple) of trips to Target and the grocery store, we stayed at home. Oh, now that I'm thinking about it, we went to visit Kayleigh's friends at her old day care on Tuesday. She has so much fun seeing those kids, and thankfully the teachers and staff don't mind our visits. It gets both of us out for a little while and allows her to see some kids her own age. I did sign her up for swimming lessons in a few weeks. It'll be Monday-Thursday for 2 weeks. I'll feel better about Kayleigh being around the water so much after swimming lessons. Part of the lesson is helping parents learn how to teach their kids swimming techniques, so I'll be more prepared to have her in the water, too. Thanks, Dad (Abuelo), for the lessons!
Kayleigh got her first fat lip this week. She was lying on the couch next to her doll and just rolled off. The ironic part was that we had just been talking earlier in the day about her rolling off and that being the reason that she had to go upstairs to take her nap rather than on the couch. I couldn't get a very good picture of her lip, but I tried! (In case you can't tell, it's the left upper lip.)

















Finally, as I'm looking at the pictures I just downloaded onto the computer, there is a cute, short video of Erik and Kayleigh watching the Roddick/Federer tennis match on Sunday. Erik was cheering for Andy Roddick, and Kayleigh got into the chants with him. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If she gets hurt again, we might have to come and get her. That's a cute video of Daddy and his girl. :)

nick, robyn and taylor said...

Sorry about the lip :(
Cute video!!!

Matthew and Valerie said...

My poor niece! I'm glad her lip doesn't look too bad.

I guess Erik has someone to watch games with until the boy gets old enough to watch with him.