Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Library and doctor visits

I finally was able to get Kayleigh over to the public library today for their story time. It was really fun and something that I hope we can do again. The man that ran it this morning would sing maybe 3 songs, read a story, then 3 more songs, another story, more songs and be done. In all, it was about 30 minutes, and you could tell that the kids were getting restless at the end. I think that's the perfect amount of time for the kids. I think we'll go again next week, and then they're closed for the 2 weeks after that as they "get ready for the school year". I'm not sure what that means, but I'll take their word for it!
This afternoon, I had another doctor's appointment. I was VERY excited to learn that I've only gained 8 pounds in almost 28 weeks! I was unhappy to learn that I failed the glucose test by 1 point. Luckily, the doctor gives some leeway, and since I've been healthy so far in this pregnancy and was healthy when I was pregnant with Kayleigh, she's letting me get out of taking the 3 hour test. Whew! She measured my stomach today, and even though I'm not quite 28 weeks, I'm measuring between 29 & 30 weeks. That's to be expected--I measured ahead the whole time I was pregnant before. And, did I mention I've only gained EIGHT pounds??? :) I just looked at the post from when I was 27 weeks with Kayleigh, and I had gained 14 pounds at this time with her. I think I'll have Erik take a picture of me tonight and post it later, since I know that you can compare between last time and this time.

No comments: