Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Tuesday morning

Kayleigh and I ended up having a busy morning this morning. Originally, I wanted to take her to the park to play on the playground, but plans changed a bit. After breakfast, I was getting my shoes on to leave the house. The dogs started freaking out, thinking that they were going to get to go somewhere. Kayleigh feeds off of their excitement, so I asked her if she would like to go to the park, or take the dogs on a walk. She wanted to walk...
And by walk, she means that she wants to sit in the stroller while I push her and am semi-dragged by the dogs when we first leave. We were doing laps around the neighborhood when we came upon a house with a cement truck out front. Hopefully the guys that were working on installing a new driveway didn't mind working with an audience, because we probably sat there for 15 minutes watching them pour and smooth out concrete. We walked a little more after that before Kayleigh started to say, "I'm very hot." Oh yeah, and I'm cool as a cucumber! Back to the house we went.
We came inside and all of us drank some water before Kayleigh started to talk about going to the playground. I asked, "Why don't we play on your playground (AKA swingset)?" It sounded good to her, so she went on the swings, down the slide, and blew some bubbles before I convinced her to come inside for a little bit.
On the way inside, she said she wanted to eat some watermelon. I bought some at the store yesterday, so I cut it up and back outside we went to eat it. After she was done eating, I brought her inside and put her in the tub to rinse her off. What a mess watermelon can be!
Kayleigh is napping now, and it's raining outside, so we had a great morning and hopefully a quiet afternoon.

4 comments:

Kelli said...

Ahh, the days of summer!

Jenna said...

Aren't you enjoying these times with Kayleigh as our lives are about to change?! It is fun to just spend time with them.

Matthew and Valerie said...

I'd like to go on more walks if you would push me too! What a mess Kayleigh is with watermelon!

nick, robyn and taylor said...

Sounds like y'all had a fun morning. You're smart to eat the watermelon outside!