Tuesday, June 12, 2007

We did it!!!


Yesterday was the first day that Kayleigh and I had to spend all alone! The day went

by quickly, and with only one trip to the doctor's office. We really did go to my doctor. This is a little gross, but I've had some drainage from the incision site, and I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't anything bad. Erik came home from work at lunch to take me in. The doctor said that everything was fine and that I would live. Whew!

After Erik went back to work, I had a nice visit with Curry and Amanda (his nephew and wife). She is due on the 20th, and thought that yesterday could have been the big day. Unfortunately, it wasn't, but I got some human contact out of it, so no complaints from my end!! :) Amanda has a doctor's appointment on Wednesday, and just one week until her due date.

Erik and I had our first catered meal yesterday. It was delish! I'm trying to figure out how to tactfully ask people to also bring in breakfast and lunch food, too. Feel free to offer up ideas!

Kayleigh is whining, so I think it's time to eat.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You and Erik are going to be wonderful parents and will manage just fine - even without having family around all the time.
(Dumb bird!)
You know who. :)

Anonymous said...

You will see how easy it gets after a couple of days. You will both be the best Parents ever. She is just so precious!! Love,
Tia Katrina