Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Weighing in...

I'm am just too proud of myself! I was finally brave enough to go on the scale this morning, and I am happy to report that I am already back down to my pre-pregnancy weight!!! I only gained 26 pounds, and lost 16 of them in the first week. Of course, 8 of them were Kayleigh, but even when I was weighed the first time at the doctor's office, I was still carrying water weight from all of the swelling I did after my surgery! WOOHOO!!
Erik and I are having a full week this week. Sunday was Erik's first Father's Day. It wasn't too exciting, but nice and relaxing, and hopefully how he wanted it to be. Monday was Erik's birthday. Our friends, Erick and Amy, had us over for dinner for steaks and homemade onion rings. Delish! Amy also made a yummy cake for Erik, but I dropped the ball and forgot to bring over the ice cream. Oh well. I wasn't given too hard of a time for it. Today is our anniversary, and we have someone bringing over dinner. I'm not sure what it'll be, but I don't have any complaints about the food that we've received so far, so I'm sure this will be up to par. Erik might ask his parents if they'll watch Kayleigh tomorrow night so that we can go out to dinner for a day late anniversary. No one is bringing us food, so it'll be a good time to go. I don't think his parents will mind watching her, either.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations (lisa), happy father's day (erick), happy birthday (erick), happy anniversary (both)!!!

kristen

Anonymous said...

Go Lisa!!! I can only hope I'll be back to my pre-pregnancy weight as fast as you, but I'm thinking...errrr, uhhhh, nope. :( I did gain more than you and my baby was only about a pound more than yours. Are you able to continue nursing due to the baby's jaundice? Lincoln had some but the doctor said I could continue feeding him. I guess it wasn't too severe. Happy Anniversary to the two of you! Enjoy your evening together. :)

Kelli Bates

Anonymous said...

Not many moms can say that after only 3 (almost) weeks!! Good for you!!!!!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS ON EVERYTHING! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU GUYS. SO MANY REASONS FOR CELEBRATION AND YUMMY DINNER OUT!


nicole s