Friday, June 22, 2007

Welcome, Thor!!

This morning at 6:55, Thor Evan Eikeland joined our family. He is the son of Curry and Amanda, Erik's nephew and wife. Thor weighed 8 pounds and was 20 inches long. Sound familiar? Those were Kayleigh's measurements, although she was technically 19.9 inches, but what's 1/10 of an inch?!? Aunt Lisa thinks that he looks just like his dad. I can't normally tell who the baby looks like (if anyone other than his/herself), but that was the first thought that came into my head.
Amanda had to have a c-section this morning. Her body just didn't want to dilate all the way. She and I have the same "girly doctor", and the doctor asked when we Eikelands were going to learn the right way to have a baby! Amanda seems to be doing well, but is stiff today. Jim, Shirley, Erik and I stopped in for just a few minutes this afternoon--long enough for us to meet them, and for the cousins to have their first meet and greet! I did get a couple of pictures, and I'll post them soon. Unfortunately, Kayleigh's feeding time was interrupted when we took the pictures, so they're not super. Maybe we'll go back this weekend and try again!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see pictures of Kayleigh with her newest family member. Do you know where they fall on the family tree? Cousins maybe??

~Valerie

Anonymous said...

Hey, it was great to catch up with you today. I can't believe I forgot you already had Erik's birthday and your anniversary...what a terrible friend I am. I love you guys. When you come to Charlotte, we'll make up for it! Drew