Saturday, July 12, 2008

Getting Greeks in the Streets

This was the race Jenna and I ran this morning. It was H-O-T hot peppers!! Jenna was nice and stayed with me for most of the race. The worst part was the hills, and those were at the beginning. I was about ready to quit at mile .1 (no, the decimal is not in the wrong spot!) I had to pretty much walk the last mile because I was so hot and starting to get cramps in my sides. That's when Jenna left me. I didn't mind, though, because we've always said that if one wants to go farther than the other, they were free to do it.
Would I do this race again? Probably not. It was too hot, and too late in the morning. (It started at 9:30.) I did meet the goal of finishing and not dying, but I was two minutes slower in this race than the last one I did. I am still pumped and want to do more races, but I will wait until the fall when it's cooler, and will only do races that start at 8 AM or earlier!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stick with the penguins- we HATE the heat. I am proud of you, Lisa.
Mama P

Anonymous said...

I felt like I was sweating for the next um, 4 hours! The funny part was, we never felt like quitting. It was probably because we were delirious from the heat. It was fun, though.

Ali said...

You go girl! I seem to recall you once telling me that the only way you would ever run is if someone were chasing you! Ha! Now look at you! I am very proud of you- wish I could become motivated again!

nick, robyn and taylor said...

Way to go! At least you finished - that's great. Running in the heat is no fun.

Chaille' said...

I'm proud of you, even though I think you may have lost your mind to do such a thing.....i'm at the stage of.....i'll run if someone is chasing me!!!:) But I'm proud that you are doing something that is hard for you!! Good idea to wait for cooler weather!