Friday, July 18, 2008

Hawaii here we come!!!

We leave VERY early tomorrow morning to go to Hawaii! We are so excited and have our bags packed and in the car! We know that we'll have a good time, and I'm going to try to keep up with the blog while we're over there. Cayla is bringing her laptop, and the condo is supposed to have wireless internet, so expect updates and pictures along the way.
Here is a tentative schedule of what we're doing so you can have some idea each day. Just remember that we are 5-6 hours behind you, so you'll have to think about those hours, rather than yours.
Saturday: arrive in Honolulu, hang out at the pool/take naps!

Sunday: snorkeling in the morning at Hanauma Bay. We want to go to the "toilet bowl" which is a little inlet thing where the water swirls around like the toilet when the waves go out. We'll probably do a little tour around that side of the island, too. That afternoon we'll go to the swap meet/flea market for souvenirs. That's where everyone says to go for that stuff. (By everyone, I mean articles that we've read on the internet)

Monday: Sea Life Park! ( www.sealifeparkhawaii.com ) We will be swimming with DOLPHINS that day!! Curry, Taylor and I are going the "Dolphin Royal Swim" and Cayla, Zac, Amanda and Thor are doing the "Dolphin Encounter", in case you want to look it up. We'll probably spend most of the day there, and then relax at the beach or pool in the afternoon. Oh, and I didn't leave Erik out of the list--we went to Discovery Cove in Orlando a few years ago to swim with the dolphins, and he doesn't want to spend the money to do it again.

Tuesday: Kayaking at Lanikai Beach. We can rent kayaks for like 4 hours and go out into the water and to islands that aren't too far off the shore. We are then thinking about going to the Dole Plantation that afternoon. There is a human maze there that I am convinced I will conquer!
Wednesday: North Shore. We're going to go horseback riding on the beach, and then go to the Polynesian Cultural Center. We'll stay there that evening for a luau.

Thursday: Open

Friday: Open

Saturday: We'll go to Pearl Harbor and the USS Alabama in the morning, and then our flight is that afternoon. :(

Sunday: Land in Tallahassee (it's a red-eye flight) My parents and abuelo will be in town after visiting Nick, Robyn and Taylor for Taylor's first birthday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really think that you need to add volcano climbing to Tuesday's agenda- there seems to be a few free minutes in there.
Have a great trip. See all, do all, and use sun screen.
"Aunt" Anne.

Kelli said...

Oh my goodness! This looks like so much fun, but I must ask you my dear, how are you going snorkeling, dolphin swimming, etc. with a one-year-old? Just curious! Have a blast!!!

Matthew and Valerie said...

I didn't see Jim and Shirley's name anywhere, so I'm guessing they'll be back at the condo with the babies. I'm sure Kayleigh will love hanging out with her grandparents.
I know you all with have a blast, but I miss being able to call you already!