Friday, July 25, 2008

Horseback riding and the Polynesian Cultural Center

Wednesday started off exciting as I anticipated horseback riding on the beach. Little did I know that in my excitement making the reservations, I didn't pay attention to what place I called, and we ended up on a dumb trail ride instead of the place that I had intended to call. On the up side, we rode for probably twice as long. Erik is convinced that I did it on purpose so that he'll have to take me horseback riding on some other beach. I'm not sure why I wouldn't want to do it here in beautiful Hawaii, though...
After the disappointing horseback ride, we were off to the Polynesian Cultural Center (PCC). We got there right about 2:30 when the canoe parade was starting. They have wide canoes that groups from each of the different villages are on, and they do a little dance from the island. It was neat. The best part of the PCC was the Samoan village. The guy that did the presentation was HILARIOUS!!! I wanted to take him home with me! In another village, Erik tried a spear toss. Out of all of the people we watched, he was the only one that made it in the target! He got a little handmade crown. Kayleigh also discovered water fountains and how much fun they can be. She's turning into such a water girl that she didn't want to stop playing in it.
That night, we also went to a luau. It was good, but I have nothing to compare it to. I think the highlight of the evening was the "Horizons" show that they put on. It was awesome! We didn't take any pictures of it, so you'll just have to take my word on it. Kayleigh literally enjoyed the first ten minutes before falling asleep. It was cute, because she was clapping her hands and bopping to the music before passing out. What a day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, Kayleigh was clapping her hands and dancing-good girl. She did not even have a pole this time!!
Congrats also to Eagle Eye Erik with the spear throw. I guess now he will start looking for a quadrathon to enter.

Matthew and Valerie said...

Honestly, is there anything that Erik isn't good at?? :)

I hope you didn't have to stop at every water fountain for Kayleigh to play in. There's lots of water in Jacksonville if you ever want to come... :)