Monday, July 28, 2008

Home again

We got back to our house around 10:45 yesterday morning. It was a long trip home, that's for sure! I slept for maybe an hour or two on the flight from Honolulu, and Erik didn't sleep at all. Needless to say, when we got home, the three of us took a nap. I think Erik slept better than I did. We let Kayleigh sleep with us, knowing that she would go to sleep faster that way. She also got a little spoiled on the trip, because we would let her sleep in our bed. It was hard for her to sleep in the crib that the condo gave us. Anyway, while we were taking our nap, Kayleigh moved so that her head was by Erik, and her feet were by me. She woke me up when she kicked me in the face. Not nice!
My parents and abuelo arrived around 3:00 to stay the night on their way home from Mobile. It was good to see them, but I'm not sure Erik and I were much company. They did take us out to dinner. Thanks again, Dad! Kayleigh slept through the first half of dinner, and then we woke her up so she could eat a little bit and be awake for a little while longer. My mom put her to bed around 10:00, while Erik and I put ourselves to bed at 9:30!
I've been working on unpacking today, and as you can see, Ginger wants to make sure she goes on our next trip!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We were so glad to see you all and I'd be happy to put Kayleigh to bed anytime!!!
I know the dogs missed you a lot.

Matthew and Valerie said...

Simba and Juliet always try to sneak into our suitcases. We've always caught them, though!!