Friday, July 11, 2008

School visit

I took Kayleigh up to her school this morning like I do every Friday. It was a little sad, because I had to pay August's tuition. The tuition is always due on the 25th, a few days before the month. Since we'll be in HAWAII when tuition is due, I figured I better go ahead and take it in now. It won't get cashed for awhile. On the plus side, Kayleigh's class was having water day again. They do it every Friday, but it was only wild and crazy that first Friday with the blow up slide and tunnel. It was kind of funny because Kayleigh got into water day today more than she has before, but some of the other kids that normally love it weren't having it today. Go figure my daughter is the odd one out. After playing in the water, some of the kids went out onto the playground. Kayleigh joined them out there, too, and this was the first time that she went down a slide! She really enjoyed it! She had to climb up the steps to get to the slide, and then slide down on her stomach. The little kids aren't allowed to go on their bottoms yet. Her teacher was at the top and said that she had a not-so-good look on her face the first time she went down, but she immediately wanted to do it again! She has learned how to turn around to get down off of the couch and bricks in front of the fire place, so she was easily able to do that on the platform to go down the slide. I guess her expressions were priceless, and she wanted to do it over and over again. She also figured out after her first slide that the fastest way to get back to the top is to just climb back up the slide. I would have let her do it since it wasn't that long, and I was right there with her. Unfortunately for her, it's against school rules since an adult isn't always right there, and they don't want the kids to think it's okay one day and not okay then next. I did help her cheat a couple of times and dropped her off at the top of the stairs! On a random side note, this is an older (from 7/4) video of Kayleigh after she was done feeding herself the spaghetti. I should have posted the video on that post, and don't know why I didn't. I love it though! You can decide what you think she's saying.

5 comments:

Matthew and Valerie said...

I think she's saying "Here doggies, I have a treat for you!!!"

Kayleigh and Brian said...

Oh, no. She's much more subtle than that! She just drops them food. You don't think they need a verbal cue, do you?!?!

Anonymous said...

Actually I understood everything she said! She was asking why I wasn't there, that she misses me and wants to show me how she feeds the dogs!
abuelo

Anonymous said...

I have the meaning for what she is saying- it is standard "Celtic Kayleigh". I am a trained translator of that dialect.
She is saying that "Aunt" Anne needs to go to Hawaii with her.

Anonymous said...

Aunt Anne writes funny comments.