Tuesday, August 5, 2008

New shoes!


Now that school is about to start again (ugh!) I had to buy a pair of tennis shoes for Kayleigh. She has worn some sandals before, but that's not allowed in school. The playground at school has mulch in it, so they don't want the kids to wear sandals and get their feet torn up by the mulch. Unfortunately, the selection was weak, and "Winnie the Pooh" tennis shoes were the best ones that I could find. I'm not a Pooh fan, so I don't really like buying their stuff, but the shoes have both pink and purple in them, so that means they'll match all of her clothes. She wore them to Publix today and did okay with them on. I got her to walk for a little bit in the house with them, but then she was ready to take them off. I figure I need to get her to wear them for at least a little while each day so that she can get used to the feel of them before she has to wear them all the time at school. They are off now, and she's having fun playing with the velcro!
I am also trying to put more bows in Kayleigh's hair so that she'll keep them in. She's a little more used to them now, but sometimes still likes to pull them out of her hair. Now that she has more hair, I like to put the bows in it. She definitely looks cute with them in, if I do say so myself!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

She looks cute in nothing or anything!!! I see Ginger trying to get in the picture. :)

Anonymous said...

As a penguin, she might enjoy a pair of running shoes. I will take her to Shaw's for a special pair...She deserves only the best. If she runs like her father, she definitely needs a pair of running shoes!
'Aunt" Anne

Matthew and Valerie said...

I'm starting to think that you'll take Kayleigh to school fully dressed and pick her up with only a diaper on!

Cayla said...

I think the bows are a must! She looks so cute in them. Of course you know I am a bit of a priss myself:)By the way, I got the School Nurse job at Zac's school! Yay!!