Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Nutsy or gutsy??

I had to get 3 cavities filled yesterday, and I had already told the dentist how nervous I was about getting the Novocaine shot in my mouth. I remember getting shots in my mouth when I was younger, and it was NOT fun! The dentist told me that she could try to fill the cavities without Novocaine. She said that she would start drilling, and if I wanted to, I could have her stop and she would give me the shot. There were some moments during the fillings that weren't the most comfortable, but none of them hurt very much. I would say that the last filling was the worst, but by the time I thought I might say something, she was practically done. So, I had all three cavities filled without Novocaine. She was impressed and said I must have a high pain threshhold. The smart comeback I thought of later was, "I teach high school. Of course I have a high pain threshhold!" Does this mean I could have tried childbirth without an epidural?? I wonder if that would have changed the outcome? (Meaning no c-section.) Oh well. The contractions I felt were MUCH worse than the drilling in my mouth!
So, what do you think? Am I nutsy or gutsy?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've always had novocaine so my vote goes with gutsy.

Ali said...

I would say gutsy for sure!

Matthew and Valerie said...

Definitely gutsy. You're my hero! (Though Chat does take the cake for no epidural.)

nick, robyn and taylor said...

i say you're crazy.

nick