Wednesday, April 30, 2008

11 months old

Where has the time gone?? I can't believe that in a few short weeks Kayleigh will be a whole year old! I have been doing some thinking about everything that's changed in the last year. I don't think I could list all of the differences. I will say that I could definitely get used to working 5 months and then having 7 months off every year!! :)

Here is the list of what Kayleigh should be able to do this month

Kayleigh should be able to:
--Get into a sitting position from stomach (check)
--Pick up tiny object with any part of thumb and finger (check)
--Understand "no" (not sure about that one, but what does she do wrong that she would need to hear it?!?!? :) She can shake her head "no". Does that count??)

Kayleigh will probably be able to:
--Play patty-cake (clap hands) or wave bye-bye (check)
--Walk holding on to furniture (check and scary!)
--Point or gesture to something to get needs met (check, especially with a bottle!)

Kayleigh may possibly be able to:
--Pick up a tiny object neatly with tips of thumb and forefinger (check, or close to it at least!)
--Stand alone momentarily (check, but it's really like a second!)
--Say "dada" or "mama" discriminately (no, but she's starting to say mama more!!)
--Say one word other than "mama" or "dada" (no)

Kayleigh may even be able to:
--Stand alone well (I think you know the answer to that)
--Indicate wants in ways other than crying (Do you mean by pointing to it?!?!)
--"play ball" (She does this with Erik, but I think she really just drops it)
--Drink from a cup independently (check if you count a sippy cup!)
--Use immature jargoning aka gibberish (she babbles to herself, but I'm not sure that it's the same thing)
--Say three or more words other than "mama" or "dada" (again, I think you know the answer already)
--Respond to a one-step command without gestures (nope)
--Walk well (must I even comment on this one?!?!)

No comments: