Tuesday, May 19, 2009

"No, Kayleigh do it!"

Ahhh...the wonderful age of 2! And we're not even there yet! I think changing Kayleigh's bed to a big girl bed has totally changed this girl's attitude! It took me twice as long as usual to get Kayleigh up and out the door for school this morning. She has now decided that she wants to take her jammies off, put her clothes on, and not let Mommy touch her toothbrush. Silly me decided to put her shoes and socks on at home this morning since it's cold outside (!) but that backfired as she still took them off on the way to school.
I am glad that Kayleigh wants to do so much by herself, and I know it's going to be helpful in the near future, but it is a little annoying right now as I am on a bit of a schedule for the next week and a half with school. This week we have a little leeway, but she's in trouble next week when I have to be at school by 8:45.
Kayleigh tried to go pee-pee yesterday at school, but didn't actually do it until I got there to pick her up. It's okay because I'm fine with her just getting used to sitting on the potty and wanting to go. We can be more hardcore this summer when we can spend a few days at home officially learning the potty ropes. It was funny because she said she wanted to go this morning when we got to school, but I figured she wouldn't do anything when her diaper was wet. (She didn't.) Then, another little boy wanted to go who is NOT potty training, and he did it! After he went and got the praise, Kayleigh wanted to sit on the potty again. I knew it was too soon for her to have to go again, but what the heck? Let her do it and not frustrate her by telling her no. The kids are in a new classroom with a little potty in it, and I think they're excited about their new "toy".

2 comments:

Matthew and Valerie said...

I guess you're going to have to start getting her up earlier so you can leave on time. Just wait for those teen years!

Anonymous said...

HMMMMM Let me think - were any of you easy to get up for school???? Lucky for you, I don't remember if it was bad. :) I'm sure there were days none of us wanted to get up and go anywhere.