Sunday, February 18, 2007

Flash 12K


Here is a picture of the trophy I brought home from my latest race. I finished 3rd (out of 5 or 6 probably) in my age group. It was a cold morning (18 degrees) at the 8:30am start, and that probably scared away some of the runners and most of the spectators (read Lisa). Lisa noticed, as you might have, that it is a lady on the trophy. I was, of course, a little upset.

Actually, this race let you pick anything on a prize table in order of finish. Prizes included lots of superhero items which were the theme of the race. At the start, the runners were lead off by a guy in a Flash costume, and the shirt had a pair of sneakers with golden wings coming out of them.

The ladies got to go first and Drew, a teacher friend of Lisa's, got a Superman figure. I had my eye on a Spiderman figure for Lisa's classroom, but that was snatched up by one of the ladies. I thought I would get the next best thing--a trophy for her to show off. Things are still on track for the Seaside half marathon March 4th. Lisa will be there for that one, but I think she's just going for the vacation.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're proud of you!! I would have finished somewhere behind the 90 year old! :)
Mom Carole

Anonymous said...

I am SHOCKED that Lisa didn't go to cheer you on. And you were still thinking about her at the finish line! I hope it's warmer next time!!
~Valerie

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Erik!