Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Why I love teaching...


I feel like it's my birthday today. I don't even remember telling my first period class that we were going to have a fiesta today, but in they came with food and gifts!! I guess I should tell you that we had FCAT today. For those of you that don't know, FCAT is a standardized test that high school students had to take. Because of the testing schedule and my own class schedule, I will only see 2 classes today. I had two students bring me baby gifts this morning, and one bring me a blueberry muffin from Starbucks! That's the only thing from Starbucks that I've ever had, and I LOVE IT! I have a couple of gifts to open this afternoon from my 7th period class. I can't believe that they actually went out and bought stuff! One student even brought me a "balloon boquet" made of pink balloons that say, "it's a girl". Bonus points are being given out left and right today!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you SURE you didn't tell them to bring you gifts??? They must be great kids!

Anonymous said...

I love the cake. Are those real shoes?