Thursday, May 10, 2007

I hate allergies

I didn't even realize it was still allergy season for me until a few days ago. It always starts when the back of my mouth gets sore. It's not my throat, but way back in my mouth, and there's nothing I can do to make it not bother me. Yesterday (Wednesday), my nose started to run like a fountain. I spent half of last night awake being miserable from not being able to breathe. It's uncomfortable to breathe out of my nose, so that just leaves my mouth. As many of you might know, breathing out of your mouth while you're sleeping leads to drooling. YUCK!
I thought I would make it through this last week of school without having to take extra time off. Around 1 AM I decided that there was no way that I could suffer through a day at school. Some know that we were out of power on Tuesday night due to a downed tree that knocked out a powerline. I didn't get much sleep that night, either, because it was hot and uncomfortable in the house. I spent a lot of that night wondering how I would get ready for work in the morning if the power didn't come back on. So, first thing this morning I called the substitute man at school and arranged for a sub. I have quite enjoyed my day off of work, and have gotten a couple of naps in already this morning. Enjoy it while I can, right?!?!?

No comments: