Wednesday, May 16, 2007

It all makes sense now...

I had my weekly check up at the doctor's office today, and I have finally figured out why people have reacted the way they have when they've seen me recently. I am measuring 40 weeks! I am as big as some women are when they give birth, and I still have 3 weeks to go!!
At my appointment, I was asked if I wanted to be checked for dilation. Of course I did! I want to know if anything is happening that I should know about. The doctor said that I am 2 centimeters dilated and 50% effaced. I was excited about that for a little while, but then I realized that some girls I have known were dilated for a good couple of weeks before anything else started to happen. The baby's heartbeat is still strong, and the doctor says that she is working her way down. I PROMISE to post a picture soon so that you can see what I look like. Erik is upstairs working, and I don't want to interrupt.
The doctor also said that she is going to give me two more weeks for something to happen before we discuss inducing labor. I think that we'll talk about it next Wednesday, but she won't do anything until I'm 39 weeks. In a way, an induction sounds great, because I'm anxious to see this person that I've been making for so long, but on the other hand, I have said that I didn't want to be induced because of complications that can arise. But then again, she is a hoss, and I don't want to deliver a 10 pound baby! Hopefully everything will work out on its own. I look forward to these weekly appointments now, and can't wait to see what I find out next week!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Makes sense now why people made those comments to you last weekend!!! We told you that you looked big - but beautiful. :) Notice I didn't say "fat".

Anonymous said...

You can't call Kayleigh a hoss or she's going to be born with a complex!! Now say something nice to your baby!
~Valerie

nick, robyn and taylor said...

We'll be praying for everything to happen on its own, and only when she's ready. And I agree with Val, say something nice to Kayleigh :) Can't wait to see you this weekend! I promise not to comment on your belly if you promise not to comment on how my face is filling out, a.k.a. getting fat :)