Monday, May 7, 2007

Things I miss...

I have had an incredibly easy pregnancy so far, but I was just thinking about things that I miss now that I have this monstrous belly attached to my body. I'm sure that other ladies may have more input, and I may add to this as time goes on. This list is in no particular order.
1. I miss being able to see the scale without having to look around my belly. (Not that I always like what I see! :))
2. I didn't even realize that I couldn't see my toes until someone told me to check! Where are my feet??
3. I miss being able to bend over and do stuff like a.) comfortably put on pants/shorts/shoes and socks, b.) shave my legs!!! c.) pick things up off of the floor.
4. Carrying on a conversation while I walk up the stairs. Really, I just miss being able to walk up the stairs without feeling like I'm going to die from lack of breath!
5. Having someone start a conversation without the question, "When are you due??"
6. People being able to talk to me without wanting to rub my belly. Sheesh! Believe it or not, I'm getting used to the belly rub, and it doesn't bother me as much now as it did before.
7. Sleeping through the night!!!

There are a lot more complaints out there. I'm not trying to whine, but these are things that I miss--especially the bending over part! That is SO annoying!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Things you'll miss when you aren't pregnant:
1. Not being able to see the numbers on the scale, though you might start liking what you see.
2. Random people talking to you.
3. The ice cream cravings...though I'm not sure if they are really pregnancy induced!!!
4. Playing the "I'm pregnant" card to get other people to do things for you.
5. Pregnancy pants. Oohh the comfort!! (So I've heard.)

~Valerie

Anonymous said...

This was a very good list! Re. the belly thing, there was an article in Ann Landers in Sunday's paper on that same subject!
dad

Kelli said...

Preach is sister!! I'm with ya. :) (literally) Your sister does have a good point and just think, you're almost done. The fun part begins after that...losing the baby weight (we all have some), looking in the mirror at a whole new belly realizing that you'd do it again in a second because of what it produced and not being able to just eat whatever you want knowing you don't have the "I'm pregnant" excuse. (he he) You look gorgeous by the way so keep on chuggin'.

nick, robyn and taylor said...

I can already relate to #3! I've never not been able to bend over.

Diana Carolina said...

I was looking you blog and are very good i from colombia please write me.