Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day



I think I should probably tell about the pictures, first. I know that Aunt Anne told me to never post naked pictures of Kayleigh, but she's too cute to let her get away with it!! She ALWAYS tries to get away from me after I get her out of the tub! These were the only pictures that we took on Sunday. I don't know why I didn't ask to have Mother's Day pictures taken. Oh well. There will be more, I guess. (Both pictures and Mother's days!!!) Kayleigh is learning how to share. She's kind of a tease about it, really. She'll hold the object out to you, but won't always let go! She usually wants it right back, so I'm not sure she fully understands the concept of sharing. :) My parents were cutting up a banana for Kayleigh for breakfast, but as you can see, they got lazy about it and soon just gave her the whole thing!

I had a fabulous first Mother's Day. It really wasn't that exciting, but Erik listened to me and got me a gift certificate for a massage! Woohoo! That was enough to make that day perfect! Erik, Kayleigh and I drove to St Pete this weekend to visit family. I wanted to go down to see my abuelo (grandpa) who was there visiting my parents. On Sunday, mom made french toast for breakfast. Then we went to Sunday School. Erik and I kept Kayleigh with us and ended up in the back of the room with her playing because she doesn't want to sit still anymore. After church we went to Barbara and Jack's house (my aunt and uncle) for lunch. My grandma, cousin and family were all there for lunch as well. After stuffing our faces with some delicious food (Thanks again, Barbara!!) we headed over to visit Granny and Aunt Ola. Whew! It was a busy day, but it's what we wanted to do, so there are no complaints.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

O.K., I am calling Child Services...I am Kayleigh's "naked" advocate. We will both get you one day!!!
By the way, your floor is so clean!!

Matthew and Valerie said...

Kids just need to understand that naked baby pictures are always cute! The hard part will be accepting that their parents posted them naked on the internet for all to see.

Glad you had fun in St. Pete!

Anonymous said...

I have to tell my side (I'm the Grandma who handed her the entire banana) of the story. Yes, I did give it to her. But only long enuf to take the 2 pictures. And aren't you glad I did? They're cute. Then I continued cutting it in small pieces.
And she'll love it when the naked baby one shows up on her senior page. :)