Wednesday, March 28, 2007

30 weeks down, 10 to go!


Wow! I can't believe that I am 3/4 of the way through this pregnancy. It's a little sad to me. I've had a GREAT pregnancy so far, and the realizations are there that I'm going to be someone's MOM!
There are only 2 complaints about the pregnancy. (I don't want people to think that it was too good to be true!) #1. I had round ligament pain for about two weeks halfway through the second trimester. It's when the ligaments in your pelvic area stretch out to accomodate the baby. It hurts like...I don't know, but it hurts a LOT!! #2. is sleeping recently. It hurts right at my hip flexor. (or where my leg joings at the hip if I'm not using the proper term.) It has started recently, and I'm sure it has to do with my growing belly. If I lay on one side too long it will get sore. So, during the night I wake up and have to switch sides. That'll work until the next time I wake up, and then both sides hurt! When I woke up at 5 AM, I put a pillow under my hip, and I think that helped. I'll have to try it again tonight.
Now, The picture that Erik took today makes me look huge! I'm not sure if it's all me or if it's me and the shirt. Maternity clothes definitely make you look bigger! I think that women can hide their bellies in big t-shirts. But, why not show off my stomach while I actually want to do it?!?! Enjoy! :)

3 comments:

Molly said...

Wow, Lisa, I feel like this is flying by! I love the fact that you have a blog, though, so that I can keep up to speed! Checking it is a highlight of my day! I will be praying for you during the home stretch, and soon you will be a wonderful mother to your precious baby, who we all can't wait to meet! I hope you can figure out a trick to being able to sleep better, too.

Kelli said...

Lisa,
I feel you girl! I'm right there with ya. Sleeping at night stinks. I wish someone made a bed or mattress with a hole in the middle for pregnant bellies. They'd make a fortune! I'm due June 11th (scheduled c-section) so if your little girl is 6 days late (I'll pray she isn't though), then they'll share a birthday. :) Enjoy your sleeping in, time alone with Erik, sleeping in, time to read books, play on the computer, sleeping in, and did I mention sleeping in?! :) It's the best change ever (having a baby). You and your hubby will make great parents.

Anonymous said...

Just wait til your mom sees you on Sunday, she won't believe her eyes!
dad