Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Check up

Hi,
I just wanted to let everyone know that I had my monthly doctor's appointment yesterday, and all is well. I'm a little ashamed to say that I gained 7 pounds last month! I really think part of it is that the appointment was in the afternoon, and I was STARVING all day long, so I ate more than I should have. Can you tell that I'm rationalizing? I've still only gained 14 pounds, I think. Gross! That means that half of the weight I've gained happened in the last month!! Great, that didn't make me feel better at all! Needless to say, I'm hitting the gym again starting today! I haven't been going recently, and now I feel badly that I'm paying for something that I'm not using.
Back to the baby--The doctor said that she's probably between 2 and 2 1/2 pounds. She measured my fundus for the first time. I had to ask her what it means, because, while I've read about it before, I didn't really know what it was for. She said that she measures from the top of my pelvis to the top of the placenta (around my heart). The measurement in centimeters should be the same as how many weeks I am along. I measured 27 centimeters, and I'll be 27 weeks tomorrow (Wednesday 3/7). The heartbeat was 140 bpm. Not bad. She's really calm! Last week at the 4D ultrasound her heart rate was 144 bpm.
I'm waiting until week 28 to post another picture. I might have to do it sooner, because I have definitely hit a growth spurt in the past couple of weeks! Don't forget that Thursday is the next ultrasound, and I'll be posting some more pictures!

1 comment:

Molly said...

14 pounds doesn't seem like very much to me....you're pregnant!!! That's what you're supposed to do!