Sunday, March 4, 2007

Seaside Half Marathon



Erik and Drew can now officially say that they have run a half marathon. For those of you that don't know, a half marathon is 13.1 miles, and Drew is a teaching friend of mine who runs with Erik. The race was run in Seaside, Florida, a small beach town between Panama City and Destin. Drew's husband and I went as cheerleaders for the two. We dropped them off at the race Sunday morning, went to the condo where it was warm for an hour or so, and then waited for them at the finish line.

Erik and Drew ran the race is 1 hour and 54 minutes. I'm sure that there were some seconds in there, but I don't know what they are! Erik beat Drew by 10 seconds, which really isn't bad considering the fact that halfway through the race Erik stopped at a port-a-potty for a quick bathroom break. Somehow he was able to catch back up with Drew, and then they raced to the finish line at the end. As you can probably imagine, Erik's legs are longer than Drew's, and I'm sure he used them to his advantage.

3 comments:

nick, robyn and taylor said...

Erik, you've got my respect. I could only run 13.1 miles if someone was chasing me.

Anonymous said...

Hey Lisa! This is cousin Kathy from Asheville. Congratulations to Eric on his run. I wish I could do that. I hope the baby cooperates on the ultrasound next time. We didn't have 3D/4D but they were very exciting. Johanna had the hiccups on hers. Katelyn was yawning because her mouth opened wide several times. We could also see her hair floating in the amniotic fluid. All of mine had a bunch of hair. I'll be looking forward to seeing her. Don't worry about names. Pick a few you like. Karen didn't have a middle name until after she was born. Grandpa came up with Lynette at the hospital.(which happens to be my Megan's middle name)

Anonymous said...

Hooray for Erik. (and Drew) I can't imagine EVER running that far in less than 2 hours. Or 2 days!! Erik, you're in better shape than the whole family.
Mom V