Saturday, March 24, 2007

French doors

Well, I think that I have accomplished almost everything on my Spring break to do list! The only thing that I didn't get enough of was sleep. I am very relaxed, though, and Erik and I are just hanging out for the night. He's been watching basketball, and I'm (obviously) playing on the computer.
One of the things that I wanted to accomplish this week was getting french doors put in. We had a sliding glass door in the dining room leading to the back yard. We had a friend from church come over today to take out the sliding glass doors and put in the new french ones. I think they look great! The only thing that we didn't get done was putting the trim back up around the door. The guy that was helping had to leave because it's his mom's birthday today and he and his wife were having his parents over for dinner. He is going to come back Tuesday night to finish the job.
The other part of the job that he will help with is putting in a new doggie door. We had one that attached to the sliding door, but no longer works. We are going to cut a hole in the wall (yikes!) and put in a new doggie door for Ginger and Tracy. They are already driving us a little crazy with having to be let in and outside. Plus, they have gone pretty much their whole lives with us being able to come and go as they please. I love having the doggie doors so that I don't ever have to feel like I need to rush home and let them out because they've been stuck inside for too long. They like to run outside and bark at people/things, too!
As soon as the doors are completed I'll get pictures for you to see. I'll do a before and after shot on here, and then post the in between ones on snapfish.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure the doors look beautiful. It sounds like you had a good week. You all are so brave to tackle so many big projects!

Anonymous said...

Good job in putting in doors, I know I couldn't do that!
But please be kind to the dogs, they're used to coming and going so they need their "doggie" door soon!
dad

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys have been busy! I bet the doors look great!
We went camping over spring break.
The weather was beautiful and Zac out lasted all of us!!
Chaille'

Anonymous said...

I'm excited that you got the new french doors, but I'm more excited that I get the doggie door!!

We are looking forward to your visit!

~Valerie