Monday, March 26, 2007

Doctor's appointment

I have my 29/30 week appointment today. The main concern for this appointment was whether or not my placenta had moved up over my cervix. I think I said before, but I'll say again, that if the placenta is low, the chances of having to have a c-section is a lot greater. I had an ultrasound, and the tech said that everything looks great! The baby is doing well. She must have been almost asleep during the appointment, because her heart rate was only 124 bpm! That's a good resting rate, so nothing to be concerned with. We could see that her hand was by her mouth, so I have a feeling that she could have been sucking her thumb. Too cute! Her head is still down by my right hip, so I guess she really likes it there!
The best part of the appointment (besides the ultrasound) was finding out that I didn't gain any weight between the last appointment and this one. Remember that before I had gained 7 lbs in a month, and I didn't like that at all! I understand that you are supposed to gain weight while pregnant, but I have been trying to do it in a healthy way. I can't say that I haven't indulged in yummy treats whenever possible, but I'm not over doing it when I have a treat.
As you may remember, last week was spring break for me. One day I went to Target, and found this super cute outfit! Even though Erik says I shouldn't buy too many clothes (we're depending on you all to get them for us!), I had to buy this outfit! Everyone always talks about the "going home" outfit that the baby wears, and I definitely think this one is it! I know that it's kind of an Easter-y type outfit, but I still think it's going to be okay for her long 5 mile trip home. :) It says, "Just hatched" in case you can't read it!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're glad our prayers were answered re your dr visit. She's sure a laid back little lady with the good resting heartbeat. The outfit is darling!
:)

Anonymous said...

Glad everything went well. I hope you too are saving up for braces. Sounds like she's a thumb-sucker like her momma!!

"Just Hatched"?? Too cute!

~Valerie

Anonymous said...

Love the outfit!!
Glad everything is fine!!
Amanda says Thor doesn't kick and move too much....could we be so lucky to have two laid back little babies???? We'll see!!
Chaille'