Saturday, March 24, 2007

Childbirthing classes

Thursday night started Erik's and my childbirthing classes. We'll have them for the next 5 weeks. We are the babies in the group, meaning that we're the last to have our little one. All of the other women are due in May. I think that there weren't enough women due around when I am to have another class, so they stuck us in this one. Don't get me wrong--I know that a LOT of women are due in June, but maybe not a lot signed up for the birthing class! And, everyone is really nice, so we feel welcome. The first class started with meeting and greeting people. One of the ladies there is the mom of a former student. Weird! She's not pregnant, but came with her neice or friend whose significant other couldn't make it. Luckily, I like the son, so I was able to say nice things about him!
Back to class--after introductions, the instructor talked to us about different terms that we'll need to know, and what happens to our body both while we're making the baby and while we're having the baby. Then she talked to us about a couple of massaging techniques (for the coaches) during labor, and we did one relaxation technique.
There was, of course, one guy trying to win the label of "class clown". He had something to say about everything! Maybe his wife got annoyed with him and said something after class. We'll cross our fingers that he quiets down a bit!
In two weeks we'll go with the class on the hospital tour. I think that'll be the class that I most look forward to!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately class clowns never get it!
dad