Thursday, August 16, 2007

It's done!!!...almost



Erik put down the last tile last night! It's taken awhile, but we're finally almost finished with this stuff. Erik promised that it would be done by this weekend. He's leaving on Sunday to go to Detroit for the week, and I'll be in St Pete visiting my parent and friends. I'm sure I'll get some head shakes for this, but I don't know if I could handle being at home by myself with a baby, 2 dogs and a bird for a week! Erik's parents will be out of town until Wednesday, so I would really be alone. So, instead of having to endure that, I'm taking off for St Pete so mommy and daddy can take care of me! But I digress...All that's left with the tile is the grout and re-attaching the quarter-round (part of the trim on the baseboards). The kitchen has been fully functional for a long time, but it'll be nice to have our dining room back, too. We've had to eat at the coffee table for the past month. It definitely makes it hard to have company!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks perfect. Erik is brave to tackle so many remodeling jobs around your home.